Educating our students is a community-wide effort.
The Teaneck Board of Education encourages residents, especially senior citizens, to volunteer their time, knowledge and talents.
Some needs for in-school volunteers include:
- Reading buddy for elementary students
- Assisting with special projects or events
- Tutoring/mentoring for students of all ages
- Assisting teachers by monitoring small classroom groups
- Assisting with clerical work or in the school library
You can volunteer regularly or just a few times a year.
Ongoing volunteers are required to participate in a training session and undergo a criminal background check (the district reimburses the volunteer for the background check fee).