Educating our students is a community-wide effort.
The Teaneck Board of Education encourages residents, especially senior citizens, to volunteer their time, knowledge and talents.
Some needs for in-school volunteers include:
- Reading buddy for elementary students
- Assisting with special projects or events
- Tutoring/mentoring for students of all ages
- Assisting teachers by monitoring small classroom groups
- Assisting with clerical work or in the school library
You can volunteer regularly or just a few times a year.
Ongoing volunteers are required to participate in a training session and undergo a criminal background check (the district reimburses the volunteer for the background check fee).
If you are interested in volunteering at our district schools, please call Terry Corallo, Director of Community Relations & Chief of Staff at 201-833-5498 for more information and to begin the application process.