|Before-And/Or After-School Programs |
- The following activities are offered: Animal Appreciation Club, Annual Drama, Art Club, BYO, Caribbean Club, Christian Club, Dance Ensemble, Flag Twirlers, French & Spanish Honor Societies, French Club, HEAL, Improv/Open Mic, Israel Club, Jazz Club, Literary Magazine, Marching Band, National Forensic League (speech), National Honor Society, Pan Asian Club, Ping Pong Club, Senior Class, SOLA, SOLVE, Spectrum, Student Council, Studio 2b, Terpseys, Vocal Music, and Yearbook
- Teaneck High School has 26 varsity sports including crew for boys and girls. For updates on schedules and scores go to High SchoolSports.net
|Curriculum Components |
- District commitments to equality and global/multicultural education are reflected in support programs and courses.
- 21st Century Learning Skills infused across all subject areas.
- Teaneck High School offers more than 125 courses as well as a number of alternatives: 45 honors and advanced placement courses; independent study; a broad range of electives; and more.
- Increased use of technology across all subject areas.
- The library media center is connected to Destiny, our new, web-based, district-wide library browser. Destiny can be used from any Internet connected computer.
|After School Student Support / Teacher Availability |
- Each member of the Teaneck faculty is available each day after school until 3:25. Additional support services such as peer tutoring and Homework club are available through the FORUM.
| Special Programs |
| Teaneck High School offers exemplary and innovative programs including: |
- Technology-Enriched Academy for Mathematics and Science (TEAMS)
- Extensive Business Program
- Academic Pep Rally Program
- Heroes and Cool Kids Program
- THE FORUM - a school-based youth services program that includes the Conflict Mediation Center, after-school tutoring program, H.W. club, and job placement
|Student Learning Environment |
- Creating a culture of achievement is truly a community commitment. The collective efforts of a school community focused on building a culture of achievement cannot be underestimated. Purposeful language, actions, and routines need to reflect our mission to ensure that students achieve. Together as a community we can share these responsibilities and develop a partnership with the common goal of making sure every student excels.
|Parent/Family Support |
- Family Access allows families to become active participants in their student’s day to day assessment progress in every class through Skyward, Teaneck High School’s online student information system.
- Parent and family members are involved in the PTSO (Parent-Teacher-Student Organization). All meetings are held on every second Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m. in the second floor Media Center.
- Parent and family members are involved in the BQMT (Building Quality Management Team). All meetings are held on every third Wednesday of the month at 3:30 p.m. in the second floor Media Center. All parents and students are welcome.
- The Administration’s open door policy encourages families to come with questions, concerns, or contributions at their convenience.