Dear TJMS Families,
I hope you are enjoying the summer break with your children sans the morning rush. As you spend the much needed quality time with your children, please keep in mind that these two months without schooling can set your child back. It is important to keep your child's brains active during this long break. To avoid the summer slide, we ask you to:
- Encourage your child to read at least 30 minutes every day
- Have your child complete their summer assignment
- While you vacation (or staycation), research the history of the places you are visiting. Have your child compare and contrast the history to that of our own rich Teaneck history
- Discuss the innovations and engineering designs of the places you visit (amusement parks, swimming pools, airports, train stations, etc.)
- Allow your child to practice their keyboarding skills on a computer
- Involve your child in planning and reflection of your excursions
- Have your child write in a journal to describe their experiences throughout the summer
- Create photo presentations using PowerPoint, Google Slides, Prezi, Keynote, etc.
- Teach your child to cook following step-by-step recipes
- Participate in community service activities
While we await your return in September, we are enrolling our newest Patriots, preparing for next school year, creating schedules and improving our instructional programs. Schedules will be mailed home in late August.
We wish you safe travels and an abundance of joy, laughter and love this summer with your family!
Mrs. Nina Odatalla